Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Additionally,

I am extremely allegheny-sick. I keep hearing about recruitment, and classes, and brooks, and movie nights, and events, and what not. And I really really miss stopping to check my mail and running into a thousand people I know. I miss brooks. I miss the environment, being able to walk into the dining hall and instantly finding someone to sit with. I miss the couch in the arts house. I miss the ravine, walking in it, climbing around, playing in it. I miss security. 10-4. I miss the campus center, it's style/modern-ness. there is nothing like that on American's campus. I miss the crazy random posters in the CC. I miss being able to find bargains in the bin in the bookstore. I MISS GFC. I miss chapter. I miss the beautiful campus. I miss the bridge. I miss sitting under the bridge and watching people rush by on it. I miss being able to walk home at night and not feel afraid. I miss that a lot. I miss the quiet that is normally on campus. I miss a normal regular schedule. I miss wind symphony. I miss reading the NYT's in Quigly every morning. (yes... every morning...). I miss the plethora of events. (Not that there aren't events here, it's just a lot harder to get to them).

And yes, I love being here. I love seeing the Capital Building every morning. I love the new things I'm seeing/trying/doing. I love the fact that I will be going to NYC in two weeks. I love the fact that I will be going to Europe for a month (and am going to go back packing through Ireland over thanksgiving break), but i really, really miss Allegheny. I miss wal-mart, which we don't have here. (as much as I hate wal-mart...). I miss letter making parties. I miss chapter dinner. I miss Alpha Delta Pi. I miss my friends. I miss the people in the dining halls. They freaking know my name. They know I'm a vegetarian. Here? Not so much. I miss monday's with maggie. I miss maggie, and the new cat angel.

:( I miss my dog and cat(s).