Monday, September 14, 2009

Pulled Over My Head

Weel, this weekend was really unproductive, but I went to Georgetown and saw all these amazing stores, which I could never actually afford to purchase things from, but it was cool. And then I went to trader joes and found that it has smaller selection and about the same prices as whole foods. So, still 0 for 3 on the whole grocery store thing. I also went to see the taming of the shrew again, which was nice. It was really a good show.

Today we had a speaker come in from kraft foods. he talked about the relations of europe and america, especially since europe doesn't allow any genetically modified food in. Most of American food is GMO. So, yeah. He also told us all about certain beverages in Europe, and chocolate. He also talked about the obesity problem, but it was a moot point, since he himself is rather obese. I didn't sit by myself at lunch today, which was nice. I'm making friends! haha, I miss my home friends a lot.

I also went to a march in support of health care on sunday. Mostly because I was so peeved with the racist, misogonistic, classist protesters who were PAID by insurance companies to rally against health care. Grrr. They also didn't know how to properly behave in the metro.

I went to a festival in adams morgan, lots of street vendors and music. It was really fun. I opened sony vegas again, and found some projects i really need and want to finish. I'm almost done with buffy season one. I have some books for my research paper, and I am thinking of printing some articles out after class today. I have a lot of reading to do this week, too. Got a little behind. I was finger printed on thursday, and have to call the DoS on thursday next to see if they took and if I can get my badge.

Tomorrow is day 3 of my internship. wooo!